The Spare Ports by View report provides an overview of spare ports and power consumption for devices within the selected View.
Spare Ports by View report details:
|Device Name||resolved name or IP address of the device.|
|Location||text description of the physical location of the device, e.g. Development Cabinet.|
|Manufacturer||device manufacturer name, derived by matching the manufacturer number against the first 2,500 Private Enterprise Codes compiled by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers). Where the manufacturer code is not matched, then the first part of the device name is taken - usually this is the manufacturer's name.|
|Port Count||number of ports within the View.|
|Spare Ports||number of spare ports within the View.|
|Spare Port %||number of ports within the View that Entuity identifies as spare, as a percentage of the total number of ports within the View.|
|Device Power (W)||configured power consumption of the device in watts.|
|Power per Used Port (W)||configured power consumption per used port for the device.|
To run a Spare Ports by View report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Green Reports.
- This will open the Green Reports page. Click Spare Ports by View.
- This will open the Spare Ports by View Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the metric by which the report will be sorted in the Sort column dropdown field. The options available are the metrics outlined in the Spare Ports by View report details table above.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.