The VM Summary dashlet lists the virtual machines on a VM platform.
The VM Summary dashlet is only applicable to VM platforms. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, devices, services etc).
To add a VM Summary dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select VM Summary in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The VM Summary dashlet can only display data where the source is a VM platform.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific VM platform on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the VM platform in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired VM platform in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in Entuity.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Status||status of the virtual machine.|
|VM Name||name of the virtual machine.|
|Memory||the virtual machine's guest memory utilization (%).|
|CPU||the virtual machine's CPU utilization (%).|
|Disk(Avg)||average disk use of the virtual machine (%).|
|Disk(Max)||maximum disk use of the virtual machine (%).|
|Hypervisor||the virtual machine's hypervisor.|
To view further details of an object in the dashlet:
- Click the name of the virtual machine or hypervisor in the dashlet to open the selected object's Summary dashboard.