The Device Resources dashlet lists the resources on a device.
The Device Resources dashlet is only applicable to devices. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, services, components etc).
To add a Device Resources dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Device Resources in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Device Resources dashlet can only display data where the source is a device.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Click the AdvancedSettings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in ENA.
The available columns are as follows:
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Object Status||the status of the resource.|
|Resource||the resource type (e.g. processor, memory, module etc).|
|Name||the name of the resource.|
|Description||gives more information about the resource.|
To filter the device resources show in the dashlet:
- Click Filter via the dashlet's Overflow Menu. This will open the Filter Columns form.
- Filter by text in the the Resource, Name and Description fields in the Any Column field.
- Filter by object status in the Object Status field.
- Filter by Resource, Name and Description in the respective fields.
- Click Done to save your filters, otherwise click Cancel. Any filters saved will be effective immediately.
Note, filters are not case sensitive.
To view further information about a device resource:
- Click on the name of the resource in the Name column to open that resource's Summary dashboard page.