For further help and information on Configuration Monitoring and Configuration Management in Entuity, please see this section.
The Device Configurations dashlet shows you the history of configurations downloaded from devices.
The Device Configurations dashlet is only applicable to devices. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, components, services etc).
By default, the Device Configurations dashlet is ordered in descending time order (most recent entry first).
To add a Device Configurations dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Device Configurations in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Device Configurations dashlet can only display data where the source is a device.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in Entuity.
|The date and time the configuration was received.
|Running Configuration Files
|List of configuration files, each of which represents a historical version of the running configuration files.
|Startup Configuration Files
|List of configuration files, each of which represents a historical version of the startup configuration files.
|The software version running on the device.
To view details of a configuration downloaded from a device:
- View the details of a downloaded configuration in the dashlet table.
- To view further details, right click on the configuration and click one of the following:
- Compare Running and Startup - opens a page comparing the running configuration and startup configuration files, set out side-by-side or inline.
- View Running Configuration - opens a page displaying the running configuration file.
- View Startup Configuration - opens a page displaying the startup configuration file.
To check the latest running/startup configuration for a device:
- Click Check Configuration Now via either the button in the top right of the dashlet, the dashlet Overflow Menu, or the device's Context Menu.
- Entuity will then retrieve the latest running/startup configuration from the device, and if it is different to the currently recorded version, it will update the table with the new file. If the number of configuration files in the table exceeds the specified Number of Archives listed in the Configuration Monitor Settings dashlet, the table will remove the oldest of these configuration files from the table.
To save configurations as favorites:
You can specify one or more configurations as favorites, which means that they will not be deleted. The default maximum number of favorites is 10, but you can edit this maximum in the Retrieval section of the Configuration Monitor Settings form.
Specify a particular configuration as a favorite by selecting it and clicking the star in the Favorite column, or from the right-click Context Menu.
To download running config or startup config:
- In the Device Configuration dashlet, select a configuration.
- From the right click Context Menu, click Download Running or Download Startup.
- The selected configuration will be downloaded in a text file.