The TopN Summary dashlet displays TopN information for any managed object.
To add a TopN Summary dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select TopN Summary in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Enter the number of objects you want to display in the TopN summary (i.e., the value of N) in the TopN dropdown field. You can choose from 5, 10 or 20.
- Specify the attribute that you want to measure in the TopN Type dropdown field.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.