The Service General Info dashlet lists information about the selected service.
The Service General Info dashlet is only applicable to services. It is not applicable to any other data sources (e.g. Views, devices, components etc).
To add a Service General Info dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select Service General Info and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet. Note, the Service General Info dashlet can only display data where the source is a service.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific service on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the service in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired service in from another browser window.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
What information does the Service General Info dashlet show?
The Service General Info dashlet lists a range of details about the service. These relate to the parameters specified when creating the service:
|Field Name||Field Description|
|Is Top Level||if the service is a top level/parent, or a sub-service.|
|Type||logical operator applied to the components in the service.|
|At Least||least number of components that need to be up for the service to be fully operational.|
|Degraded Threshold||degraded threshold of the service - a service with as few as this many components in an up state but less than the At Least value will deliver a degraded state.|
|Web Image||custom icon for the service.|
|Availability Goal||target SLA performance of the service, measured in %.|
|Treat Unknown As Down||if the service is to be treated as down if it has an unknown state.|
|Raise Events||if events are to be raised if the service state changes.|
|Aggregate Traffic Across Ports||if traffic across all ports is aggregated.|
|Tag||tag applied to the service, one of Standard, Branch or CIO.|
|Cause||cause of the service being down, if it is down.|
To modify a service
- In the dashlet's Overflow Menu, click Modify Service.
- The Edit Service form will slide in on the right. This form contains the same fields you see when creating a service.
- Make the edits you want to make to the service and click Done in the top right to save your changes, otherwise click Cancel.