The Port Oper Status dashlet displays information for ports that are administratively up but operationally down on the selected device, and for how long those ports have been in that state. The data is displayed in incremental time buckets of 0-1 day; 1 day - 1 week; 1 - 4 weeks; 1 - 6 months; > 6 months.
The Port Oper Status dashlet is only applicable to devices. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, services, components etc).
To add a Port Oper Status dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Port Oper Status in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Port Oper Status dashlet can only display data where the source is a device.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To view further information about a port:
- Click on the segment of the pie chart you want to know more about.
- This will open the selected segment's Breakdown Table: Port Op Down Time page.
- To view the Summary dashboard of the selected port, click on its name in the Name column.
- Right click on a port's name to open its context menu.
- You can sort the columns in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headings, and you can increase or decrease the width of columns by dragging the column dividers left and right. You can also configure the columns by clicking Configure Columns in the Overflow Menu.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Display Name||name of the port.|
|Administrative Status||port status as set by the system administrator.|
|Operational Status||current operational status, e.g. up, down.|
|Time Of Last State Change||time and date of the last state change.|
To configure the information displayed in the dashlet pie chart:
- Click on the time ranges in the legend to display or hide them in the pie chart as you want.