The Object Associations dashlet lists the associations of the selected managed object.
The Object Associations dashlet can be applied to any data source.
To add an Object Associations dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Object Associations in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to display associations that have no entered values in the Show Empty Associations switch. This can be changed via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to display asssociations that are marked as hidden in the Show Hidden Associations switch.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Enter the number of rows of information to display per page in the Rows per Page field. The default is 1,000.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To view different association types:
Managed objects can have associations of different types. These are not all displayed at the same time in the Object Associations dashlet, because there could be many different types, and each has different metrics. Therefore, you can select the association type from the Show associations of type dropdown menu, which will then display in the table:
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in Entuity.
You can filter associations by type, e.g. if you have selected a device, you can filter associations by IP addresses, monitored devices, ports etc. Please refer to the Entuity Data Dictionary for descriptions of each column type available in the Object Associations dashlet.
To view further information about an associated object of the selected managed object:
- Click the name of the associated object in the Display Name column to open the Associations dashboard for that object.
- You can also open a context menu for a selected associated object by right clicking on its name, in which you will find further management options.
From Entuity v19.0 P02 upwards, you can hover over an Incident icon in the Incidents column to display a tooltip showing the name of the worst incident. You can also click on the Incident icon and it will navigate you directly to the Incidents dashboard for the parent object of the selected object.
To add, edit or delete a new object association:
From the Object Associations dashlet, you can also add, edit or delete object associations. This functionality applies to user-defined objects only. Please see this article for further help and information on adding, editing or deleting an object association.