The Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet lists the devices or ports that are enabled for flow.
The Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet is only applicable to Views or Subviews with a device or devices enabled for flow, and devices that have been enabled for flow. It is not applicable for any other data source (e.g. VM platforms, services).
To add a Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select Flow-Enabled Devices and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet. Note, the Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet can only display data where the source is a View/Subview with a device or devices enabled for flow, or a device enabled for flow.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific View/Subview or device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the View/Subview or device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired View/Subview or device in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in ENA.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Device||name of the device.|
|Collecting||if the device is configured for flow collection.|
|Receiving||if the Entuity server is receiving flow data from the device.|
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Port||name of the port.|
|Flows In Last 24 Hours||if flow has been collected in the last 24 hours, either "true" or "false".|
|Receiving||if the Entuity server is receiving flow data from the port.|
To display all devices or ports on the managed object:
- Click Show all devices/ports in the top right of the dashlet, or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- The table will be populated with all devices/ports, both those that are and are not configured for flow. The devices/ports that are not configured for flow will display "false" in the Flows In Last 24 Hours column. You can then select a device/port and start/stop collecting flow on it (see section below).
To view further flow information on a device or port:
- Click on the name of the device/port in the Device/Ports column to open that device/port's Flow dashboard.
To start and stop collecting flow information:
- At the View or Subview level, select the device that you want to start collecting flow information on.
- In the dashlet's Overflow Menu, click Start Flow Collection. Flow collection will begin immediately and the Collecting column in the dashlet's table will be updated accordingly.
- To stop collecting flow information, select the device and, in the Overflow Menu, click Stop Flow Collection. The Collecting column in the dashlet's table will be updated accordingly.