Applicable to Entuity v19.0 upwards
You can manually add a service device to your network without using a discovery profile. On the Managed Assets page, click the Add Assets button at the top of the page or via the Overflow Menu.
This will open the Add Asset form on the right of the window.
Note regarding adding VNX, VNXe or Unity storage devices:
To manage VNX storage devices, you must have Dell's Navisphere CLI tool installed before starting Entuity.
To manage VNXe or Unity storage devices, you must have Dell's Unisphere CLI tool installed before starting Entuity.
The command line name of the tools are naviseccli and uemcli. For Entuity to manage these devices, the Collection Engine must have access to the tool commands:
- On Linux, the tool should be installed locally in the root directory using .rpm files:
- On Windows, the default install locations are:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\EMC\Navisphere CLI
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell EMC\Unity\Unisphere CLI
- In the Asset Category dropdown field, select Storage.
- The Management Level will be set to Full by default.
- In the Port Management dropdown field, specify from All Ports, Management Port Only, or No Ports.
- In the Asset Type dropdown field, specify the type of storage device that you are adding.
- Specify the zone to which the device will be added in the Zone dropdown field.
- Enter the device name (which must be resolvable on the Entuity server) or IP address ENA uses to poll the device in the Polled Name/IP address field.
- Specify the device name displayed within the product in the Display Name Using dropdown field, choosing from the following:
- Polled Name/IP address - displays the identifier it uses to poll the device as specified in the Polled Name/IP address field. This is the default.
- Resolved Name - resolved name of the device.
- Resolved Name (fully qualified) - fully qualified resolved name of the device.
- IP Address - management IP address of the device.
- Custom - manually enter a device display name.
- System Name - administrator-assigned name of the device.
- Specify the IP version that will be used to communicate with the device from the IP Protocol dropdown field, either IPv4 or IPv6.
- Specify the Connection Method to use to the storage device from the dropdown field. Please see the section above regarding the installation of the appropriate tool for using Dell EMC VNX, VNXe or Unity storage devices. The options available will depend on the type of storage device that you are adding:
- Dell EMC VNX - Navisphere (naviseccli) or VNX CS (ssh)
- Nimble - None or Nimble (ssh)
- NetApp - None, NetApp (ssh) or NetApp (SNMP)
- DataDomain - None, DataDomain (ssh) or DataDomain (SNMP)
- Dell EMC VNXe/Unity - Unisphere (uemcli)
- Click the Credential field to go through to the Credential form, from where you can either search from a list of shared credential sets, or create a local credential. Please see this section for further help and information on credentials.
- Specify the Connection Port.
- Specify whether to enable configuration management on the asset in the Enabled field.
- Select the credential that you want to use for configuration management from the Credential field. Click this field to go through to the Credential explorer, from where you can choose, create or edit your credential.
Once you have specified the parameters of the server, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.