Applicable to ENA v18.0 upwards. If you are using an earlier version of Entuity, please see this article.
To add a Path History dashlet to a custom dashboard
To configure or export the table in the dashlet
The Path History dashlet shows you a table of the changes on a path over time. This dashlet is only applicable to agentless (SNMP) paths. It is not applicable to agent-based (tcptraceroute) paths because there are many potential paths discovered in each batch, and therefore there is no data for depth, hop count etc.
Please see this section for further help and information on SurePath.
To add a Path History dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Path History in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source fo the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Path History dashlet can only display data where the source is a path.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in Entuity.
The available columns are as follows:
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Timestamp||time and date of the path's discovery.|
|Duration (ms)||time taken to perform the path trace. This will depend on the number of devices that Entuity queries, and their response times.|
|Hop Count||number of hops between source and destination.|
|Server Count||number of Entuity servers that contributed to the|
|Average Latency (ms)||average latency in ms of each hop on the path.|
Click Show Change Only to view only the latest change in path information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.