The NBAR Objects dashlet lists NBAR-enabled objects on the selected managed object, and displays details on each of those NBAR-enabled objects. The Show All Ports checkbox on this dashlet also allows you to see ports that do not have NBAR configured.
The NBAR Objects dashlet is applicable to Views that have NBAR-enabled devices, and NBAR-enabled devices.
When an object is described as NBAR-enabled, it means that the object is being polled for NBAR traffic.
For help on how to enable a managed object for NBAR polling, please see this section.
To add an NBAR Objects dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select NBAR Objects in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name of your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The NBAR Objects dashlet is only applicable to a View that contains an NBAR-enabled device, or an NBAR-enabled device itself.
You have three options:
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific View or device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the View or device in explorer, or drag into the box your desired View or device in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the dashlet in the table:
Please see the article on configuring tables in Entuity.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Device||name of the device.|
|NBAR Capable||if the device is NBAR capable.|
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Port||name of the port.|
|NBAR Enabled||if the port is NBAR-enabled.|
|NBAR Collecting||if NBAR information is being collected on the port.|
To view further information on the managed objects in the dashlet table:
- Click on a device or port in the table list to open the selected device/port's Summary dashboard.
- You can right click on a device or port to open its context menu, which provides further management options for the selected device/port.
- In the Device context, you can click Show All Ports via the Overflow Menu. This will display all ports on the selected device, even if they are not enabled for NBAR, or if NBAR information is not being collected on it.