The Subview Summary dashlet displays the state of Subviews in the selected View or Subview.
The Subview Summary is only applicable to Views and Subviews. If the View or Subview does not contain a further Subview, the dashlet is still applicable but will have an empty display.
To add a Subview Summary dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Subview Summary in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Subview Summary dashlet can only display data where the source is a View or Subview.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific View/Subview on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the View/Subview in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired View/Subview in from another browser window.
- Choose whether you want to show Views/Subviews that contain zero issues in the Show views containing zero issues field. Turning this off is useful if you just want to see the Views and Subviews that have issues that need addressing.
- Choose whether you want to show service information for the Views/Subviews in the Show service information field.
- Choose whether you want to show device information for the devices in the displayed Views/Subviews in the Show device information field.
- Choose whether you want to show incidents information for the Views/Subviews in the Show incidents information field.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
How to see further information about Subviews:
The information for each Subview is displayed on a line that includes service status, device status and incident count.
- You can open the Summary dashboard for a Subview by clicking on the Subview's name.
- You can open the Services dashboard for a Subview by clicking on the total service count figure to the right of the service status bar.
- You can open the Contents dashboard for a Subview by clicking on the total device count figure to the right of the device status bar.