The OSPF Router Peering report provides an inventory of routers participating in OSPF, together with peer details. You can configure the parameters of the report to focus on the components that you are most interested in.
OSPF Router Peering report details:
|Router Name||device name.|
|Location||location of the device.|
|Admin status||indicates whether OSPF is enabled.|
|Area border router||indicates whether the router is an area border router (ABR), which connects one or more areas to the main backbone network.|
|AS border router||indicates whether the device is an autonomous system boundary router (ASBR), one that is connected to more than one autonomous system (AS) and that exchanges routing information with routers in other ASs.|
|Router ID||unique identifier for the router as defined by the ospf router-id command, or the address of the loopback 0 interface.|
|OSPF peer count||number of associated OSPF peers.|
OSPF peers of the device details:
|Local peer IP address||local IP address of the device.|
|Remote peer IP address||remote IP address of this entry's OSPF peer.|
state of OSPF with this peered router, which can be:
|State Transition Count||Established Transitions Count, number of changes in peer status during the polling period. A high value may indiciate flapping and require further investigation.|
|Peered router||identifier of the peered device.|
To run a OSPF Router Peering report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Connectivity and Routing.
- This will open the Connectivity and Routing page. Click OSPF Router Peering.
- This will open the OSPF Router Peering Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.