The BGP Peering State Transitions report provides an inventory of BGP peers that have changed states within the reporting period. You can configure the parameters of the report to focus on the components that you are most interested in.
BGP Router Peering report details:
|Local IP Address||local IP address of the device.|
|Remote IP Address||remote IP address of this entry's BGP peer.|
|Remote AS||remote autonomous system number.|
|Peer Type||when set to External, peering is between routers in different AS. When set to Internal, peering is between routers in the same AS.|
|BGP Peer State||when set to Established, allows passing of information. When set to Idle, Connect, Active, Open Sent and Open Confirm, the peer is not established.|
|BGP Admin Status||administrator-specified value. When set to Start it should be operating, and when set to Stop it should be down.|
|State Transition Count||Established Transitions Count. This is the number of changes in peer status during the polling period. A high value may indicate flapping and require further investigation.|
|Local router||identifier of the local device.|
|Peered router||identifier of the peered device.|
To run a BGP Peering State Transitions report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Connectivity and Routing.
- This will open the Connectivity and Routing page. Click BGP Peering State Transitions.
- This will open the BGP Peering State Transitions Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.