The BGP Router Peering report provides an inventory of routers participating in BGP with their peer details. You can configure the parameters of the report so that it focuses on the components in which you are most interested.
BGP Router Peering report details:
|Router Name||device name.|
|Location||location of the device.|
|Local AS||local AS of the device.|
|BGP Identifier||each router running BGP has a BGP identifier. This identifier is included in the BGP identifier field of open messages, which are sent between two BGP peers when establishing a BGP session.|
|BGP peer count||number of BGP peers.|
BGP peers of the device details:
|Local IP Address||local IP address of the device.|
|Remote IP Address||remote IP address of this entry's BGP peer.|
|Remote AS||remote autonomous system number.|
|Peer Type||when set to External, peering is between routers in different AS. When set to Internal, peering is between routers in the same AS.|
|BGP Peer State||when set to Established, this allows passing of information. When set to Idle, Connect, Active, Open Sent and Open Confirm, the peer is not established.|
|BGP Admin Status||an administrator-specified value. When set to Start, the BGP peer should be operating, and when set to Stop it should be down.|
|Established Time||transitions into and out of the Established state cause this timer to be reset.|
|State Transition Count||Established Transitions Count, number of changes in peer status during the polling period. A high value may indicate flapping and require further investigation.|
|Peered router||Identifier of the peered device.|
To run a BGP Router Peering report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Connectivity and Routing.
- This will open the Connectivity and Routing page. Click BGP Router Peering.
- This will open the BGP Router Peering Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the Report style template you want to use for the report from the dropdown field. Please see this article for help and information on reporting style templates.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. You can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.