The MPLS VPN Device Details report provides a summary list of devices showing name, global route limit, number of configured VRFs, number of active VRFs and the number of interfaces connected to VRFs. You can configure the parameters of the report to focus on the components that you are most interested in.
MPLS VPN Device Details report details:
|Device Name||resolved device name or IP address.|
|MPLS VRFs||number of VRFs associated with the device. It is also a hyperlink to the MPLS VRF table, where each row details a VRF associated with the device.|
MPLS VRF Details:
|VRF Name||VRF name.|
|VRF Route Distinguisher||it is the Route Distinguisher that makes the VRF unique, distinguishing between overlapping addresses in the VRF.|
|Active Interfaces||number of interfaces associated with the VRF that are up.|
|Associated Interfaces||number of interfaces associated with the VRF, including both active and inactive interfaces.|
|Routes||number of routes currently usesd by this VRF.|
|Maximum Routes||maximum number of routes on the VRF. It must be less than or equal to the maximum possible number of routes, unless it is set to 0.|
|MPLS Route Targets||number of route targets associated with the VRF. It is also a hyperlink to the MPLS Route Target Details table, where each row details a route target associated with the VRF.|
MPLS route targets for the device details:
|Route target||it is the Route Distinguisher that makes the VRF unique, distinguishing between overlapping addresses in the VRF.|
|Type||indicates the import/export distribution policy for the route target, i.e. import, export, and import and export. The configuration of the VPN topology is determined through the Type setting of VRFs.|
To run a MPLS VPN Device Details report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Connectivity and Routing.
- This will open the Connectivity and Routing page. Click MPLS VPN Device Details.
- This will open the MPLS VPN Device Details Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.